Followers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Book 7: Looking For Alaska



Author: John Green

Barnes and Noble Synopsis: 
A deeply affecting coming-of-age story, Looking for Alaska traces the journey of Miles Halter, a misfit Florida teenager who leaves the safety of home for a boarding school in Alabama and a chance to explore the "Great Perhaps." Debut novelist and NPR commentator Green perfectly captures the intensity of feeling and despair that defines adolescence in this hip, shocking, and emotionally charged work of fiction.


My Review: I wasn't sure what my review would be like for this book. I actually really enjoyed it, a lot. It was different than what I expected. Knowing nothing about the book I thought it would be about Alaska the state, silly me. It reminded me a lot of the book Prep. I suggest it for anyone looking for a quick read. 

My Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment